TOMS are the ideal summer footwear. They’re comfortable, long-lasting, and come in a variety of styles. Furthermore, TOMS has had a significant-good influence all over the world.
They now donate at least a third of their profits to charity. As a result, when you purchase TOMS, you are making a difference in the world.
To maintain your TOMS in tip-top shape, though, you’ll need to know how to wash TOMS. We’re going to show you how to wash your TOMS by hand or in the machine.
This post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosure here.
Is It Possible to Wash TOMS Shoes?
Yes, most TOMS can be soaked. The majority of TOMS shoes are made of canvas, which is extremely easy to clean by hand or in the machine.
TOMS, on the other hand, are available in a variety of materials, including leather, organic cotton, chambray, lace, and more.
Because they’re comfortable and easy to clean, canvas shoes are the most popular and prevalent. If you get a more unusual pair of TOMS, though, you’ll need to clean them differently.
How to Wash TOMS
You may totally immerse your canvas TOMS in water if they are really filthy. This will aid in the removal of tough stains and make the procedure simpler.
Although TOMS shoes are available in a variety of materials, we’ll be concentrating on canvas and lace shoes. If you have a different type of shoe, we recommend consulting TOMS for the best cleaning method.
- To clean the outside of the TOMS, use a soft bristle brush, such as an unused toothbrush. This will clear the dirt and debris off the surface.
- If your shoes are soiled, apply a small amount of mild laundry detergent to the spot. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes after gently massaging it in.
- Fill a big bowl halfway with cold water, as directed by TOMS.
- Toss in a spoonful of mild washing detergent and thoroughly mix. Make sure the detergent doesn’t include any bleach, since this might cause your shoes to discolour.
- Apply the solution to your shoes using your gentle brush. Scrub the cloth in a single direction until the shoes are thoroughly cleaned.
This approach will also work for TOMS that are made of leather. Just make sure the shoes don’t get wet. Also, to prevent the shoes from potential harm, apply a leather conditioner and polish afterward.
Using The Washing Machine
- Any stains should be pre-treated by putting a moderate laundry detergent into the affected areas. Allow 30 minutes to pass before going on to the next stage.
- Set your washing machine to a mild cycle with cold water, such as the handwash cycle.
- Using a mild washing detergent, add a quarter of the usual quantity. It can be poured straight into the detergent dispenser or into the drum.
- To protect the shoes during the cycle, place them in a mesh bag.
- Add the shoes to the front-loading washer and start the cycle. Start the cycle immediately if you have a top-loading washer. Add the TOMS when the drum is about a third of the way filled.
- Allow the cycle to finish before removing the shoes.
How to Wash Lace TOMS’
- Apply a drop of mild laundry detergent to the afflicted area to pre-treat any stains. After rubbing it in, wait 30 minutes before going on to the next stage.
- Fill a dish halfway with ice water.
- A few drops of a mild detergent can be added.
- In the solution, soak a soft-bristled brush or a microfiber towel.
- To eliminate dirt and stains, gently rub the solution into the shoes in gentle circular motions.
- Carry on in this manner until the shoes are completely clean.
How to Clean TOMS Insoles
TOMS insoles come in a variety of fabrics. If your insoles are leather, you may skip these procedures. Leather may be damaged by soaking it in water and then using baking soda to clean it.
- A small bowl of cold water and a drop of mild washing detergent should be combined.
- Scrub the insoles of the shoes carefully with a soft-bristled toothbrush dipped in the solution.
- You may manufacture your own deodorising powder if the shoes stink. Combine one cup cornstarch, 12 cup baking soda, and 12 cup baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Five drops of your preferred essential oil, such as lavender or tea tree, are recommended.
- Into your TOMS, sprinkle a couple teaspoons of the powder. Save the rest for a later date.
- Allow for an eight-hour rest period.
- Dispose of the powder in the trash container. Remove any leftover powder from the shoes using a vacuum.
Your shoes will smell as good as new after using this approach to deodorize and refresh them.
How to Dry TOMS
Allow your TOMS to air dry whenever possible. It should just take a few hours for them to dry. You may dry them on a drying rack, hang them on the line, or leave them in a well-ventilated area.
Fill the TOMS with newspaper to keep their form while they dry.
If you leave your TOMS in the sun, they may fade, but this will have no effect on the shoe’s fit.
Frequently Asked Questions On Washing TOMS
Washing TOMS bottom Line
Your TOMS will be fresh, stain-free, and pristine again in no time if you follow these cleaning tips, methods, and directions.
Wear your new TOMS to the next occasion and impress everyone with your stylish footwear. To keep your TOMS looking (and smelling) wonderful, be sure to clean them on a regular basis.