Your phone case is probably one of the most important accessories you own. It protects your phone from scratches and scuffs and keeps it looking new. But what happens when your case gets stained? Don’t worry—we have a solution! In this blog post, we will teach you how to remove stains clear phone case easily.
Why Are Clear Phone Cases Prone To Staining?
The main reason why a clear phone case gets dirty over time is that they are constantly exposed to dirt, dust, and other elements that can cause the case to become stained. In order to keep the case clean and looking new, it is important to clean it on a regular basis. This can be done by using a soft cloth or a special cleaning solution in a spray bottle, designed for such cases.
A clear phone case can be cleaned and restored to its original appearance if you want to prevent unsightly yellowing stains. When you take off your phone case and discover it has deteriorated to an ugly yellow hue, it’s always a terrible experience.
Throughout its use, the case will naturally turn yellow when exposed to ultraviolet light and heat. Furthermore, grease and grime can build up stains themselves over time. Furthermore, grease and grime can build up stains themselves over time, turning yellow on its own.
How To Clean a Clear Phone Case With Dish Soap
Clear phone cases are becoming increasingly popular, as they allow users to show off the design of their phone while providing protection from scratches and scuffs. However, keeping a clear case clean can be a challenge, as fingerprints and smudges can quickly build up. One way to clean a clear phone case weekly is to use mild dish soap and a clean cloth.
Dish soap is designed to break down grease and other oils, making it ideal for removing fingerprints and smudges. Furthermore, dish soap is gentle enough to avoid damage to the entire case.
Simply add a small amount of soap to a bowl of warm water and use a soft cloth to lightly scrub the case. For a thorough clean, be mindful of stubborn stains. Rinse with clean water and dry the remaining moisture with a soft towel. With regular cleaning, dish soap can help keep your clear phone case looking like new.
Easy ways to clean phone cases with dish soapy water
- add a few drops of your favorite liquid dish soap to a sink full of hot water.
- allow the case to soak for a few minutes and the soapy water to work on removing the excess oils and dirt from the surface
- using a wet toothbrush, wash edges and creases in the phone case to remove more dirt
- rise with warm water and completely dry using a soft dry cloth to prevent further scratches and dings
Using Baking Soda To Clean a Clear Phone Case
Baking soda is a great natural cleaner for tough stains. This popular baking ingredient works well because of its abrasiveness. It can also dissolve grease when combined with water which is why it’s ideal for a deep clean.
It’s great for keeping a clear phone case clean (that turned yellow) for this reason. Baking soda can help to remove dust, dirt, and grime from your yellowing phone case.
How to clean a clear phone case with baking soda
1. Your empty phone case should be laid out on a towel. There is a possibility that this hack will be quite messy, so we recommend sticking with this method.
2. Sprinkle baking soda over the entire case. Initially, we will work on one side, then on the other. Pay particular attention and make sure you get baking soda in all the nooks of the case.
3. Scrub the baking soda in and around the case with a wet toothbrush. To make a paste, work the solution in slowly and thoroughly.
Ensure that any heavily stained areas are scrubbed in a circular motion. During this process, rinse the toothbrush with water as necessary. It’s best to keep a small bowl of water around for this.
4. Under running water, rinse away the baking soda once you wash the case.
5. Continue by flipping the phone case over and repeating the steps.
6. The case should be dried with a microfiber cloth after all baking soda is rinsed away.
7. Before reassembling your phone, allow the case to air dry completely.
How To Use White Vinegar To Clean Transparent Phone Case
A natural cleaner with high acidity and strength, white vinegar is an excellent cleaning agent. In addition to removing limescale, it is also an effective disinfectant. Especially when used with baking soda, it’s great for cleaning phone cases. If you have leftover baking soda but your phone case has still turned yellow, it’s worth trying this cleaning hack!
Cleaning clear cases with white vinegar
1. Make sure your phone case can fit in a small container or bowl. To hold it down, place something heavy on top of the empty case. Use something that won’t corrode, like plastic instead of metal.
2. Add two tablespoons of baking soda, then slowly add one cup of white distilled vinegar. You’re going to get some fizz at first – that is part of the process. Let it fizz, that means it’s working! If your phone case isn’t completely covered in water, add more until it is.
3. It is recommended that you leave this to soak for a few hours. This will remove any medium stains.
4. When you believe the phone case has sat long enough, rinse it with clean water.
5. Make sure the phone case is completely dry before using it again by drying it with a microfiber or soft cloth and leaving it to air dry.
You’ll be amazed at how clean and shiny your phone case looks!
How To Clean A Clear Phone Case With Isopropyl Alcohol
It’s easy to clean your phone case using rubbing alcohol. In addition to killing germs on contact, it dries quickly, leaving a brilliant shine behind. It is important to check the care instructions on your phone case before using rubbing alcohol. You should spot-test rubbing alcohol on a small, inconspicuous area before using it on your phone case.
Maintaining your phone case without damaging it is as easy as following these simple tips.
Cleaning a phone case with rubbing alcohol
1. Use a microfiber cloth to apply rubbing alcohol (after testing on an inconspicuous spot). If you prefer, you can use an alcohol wipe instead of a spray bottle.
2. Make sure to wipe down the corners and charging port openings on your empty phone case with the solution, front and back, using a soft material.
3. Then use a clean, microfiber cloth to remove the rubbing alcohol. This shouldn’t take long since it dries quickly. Alternatively, you can rinse the case by putting it under running water before drying too.
4. Before putting it back on your phone, allow the case to air dry completely.
Why You Should Never Use Bleach On A Phone Case
Many people assume that bleach is a universal cleaner that can be used on any surface. However, this is not the case.
In fact, using bleach on certain surfaces, such as phone cases, can actually do more harm than good. Bleach is a powerful chemical that can cause irreparable damage to delicate materials. Phone cases are typically made from plastic or silicone, both of which can be easily damaged by bleach.
The harsh chemicals in bleach can cause the material to degrade, making it more susceptible to cracks and other kinds of damage. Bleaching a phone case can also strip away any protective coatings that have been applied to it, leaving it vulnerable to dirt and stains.
For these reasons, it is best to avoid using bleach on phone cases altogether. There are many other cleaning products that are specifically designed for use on delicate surfaces like phone cases, and these products will do a much better job of cleaning tougher stains on your case without damaging it.
How Can I Keep My Phone Case From Turning Yellow?
Over time, many phone cases develop a yellowish discoloration. This is particularly common with white or clear cases, as they tend to show dirt and grime more easily.
While this discoloration is largely cosmetic, it can be unsightly. Thankfully, there are a few simple steps that can be taken to prevent or remove this yellowing.
First, it is important to clean the case regularly. A cloth dampened with warm water and mild soap should suffice. Be sure to remove any dirt, oils, or makeup that may be on the case. In addition, avoid storing the case in direct sunlight, as this can cause fading and discoloration.
With regular cleaning and care, it is easy to prevent stains and keep a phone case looking like a new phone case.